Dental Implants Q&A
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a custom-made artificial tooth that looks and functions just like a natural tooth. Like natural teeth, dental implants have a “root” made from a titanium screw that integrates into your jawbone. This provides stability for the top part of the implant, or the crown of the tooth.
Dental implants become a permanent part of your mouth, so you can eat and talk with ease. Replacing a tooth or several teeth with implants provides a dependable alternative to dentures or bridgework that doesn’t fit well.
Am I a good candidate for a dental implant?
If you have one or more missing teeth, and you’re in good overall health, you may be an excellent candidate for dental implant surgery. Dr. Ocharoen assesses your health and closely examines your mouth to determine if dental implants are a good choice for you. If your jawbone is fully mature and healthy enough to secure the titanium root of a new implant, they may work well.
Additionally, if you meet any of the following criteria, Dr. Ocharoen may recommend implants as an ideal way to restore your smile:
- No preexisting health conditions that affect your ability to heal from dental surgery
- Unable or unwilling to wear dentures or bridges
- Healthy gums
- Enough bone within your jaw to support the implant
- Good oral hygiene habits
- Desire to improve your speech and chewing abilities
- Able to commit to the entire process, which can take a few months
If you’re considering dental implants, Dr. Ocharoen explains the procedure and how you can benefit so you can make an informed decision.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
There are many benefits to getting dental implants, including:
- Most like natural teeth in appearance and function
- Improve your smile aesthetically
- Help you talk and chew naturally
- Improve the health of your jawbone
- Maintain proper facial structure
- Prevent adjacent teeth from shifting out of place
- Made from durable materials that don’t decay like natural tooth enamel
Dental implants are easy to care for since they become a permanent part of your mouth. You simply brush and floss your teeth as you normally would to keep implants and your natural teeth as healthy as possible.
Are dental implants right for you? Learn more about replacing a missing tooth with a state-of-the-art dental implant. Call the expert team at Sirinity Smiles to schedule a consultation or use the online booking tool. They offer evening and Saturday appointments for your convenience.